Pete and I decided to go to the
Street Survival Seminar in Las Vegas. Pete had gone when he first started his career and really learned a lot of great info. We both received a flyer about it at work and decided it was time for us to go together. Pete's partner and his wife went as well as some probation officers they work with from the county.
We went a few days early and planned to stay in St George for a couple of days. When we arrived in Vegas all we could see were cowboys, we later found out it was the Rodeo Finals. If I would have known I would have got tickets. It was really fun because our hotel had a big party for "Cops and Cowboys" because a little of both were everywhere.
After getting our rental car we headed out for St George. We had so much fun but like it much better in the summer...we still want to retire there.
We drove out to Ivans to check out the area, this was a monument that was in one of those weird little intersections. It was beautiful.

We got snow while we were there and it was really cold. I want a buffalo coat, but couldn't find one. Someday Pete is going to buy me one, he promised. hahahaha

We of course drove by the temple.

Someday we are going here...

More snow...

Coming into Las Vegas from St George.

We ate here and Wendi was really mad at us...I sent her this picture and also got her a mug from there. It was a fun place to eat and they had great food. We set and watched the Rodeo while we were there.

We think these are the airplanes that take the employees out to area 51...

If I was a drinker I would have checked this bar out....

We drove around until we found where they tape the UFC series...we found it.


This was our ultra cool room, just remodeled.

New York, New York

I kept seeing people walking around with these cute little M&M bags, I finally stopped someone and asked them where they got it. Little did I know, they have a cool M&M store 3 stories high. I made Pete, Heath and Kathleen walk in the freezing cold to get there so I could get a bag. I ended up spending $65.00. Yes, just to get the bag, but I love M&M's, the blue ones are my favorite. Oh and just to remember, I got
3 bags. I rock like that!!!

looking down from the top in the elevator.

We ran into him...I wished he was blue

Some sites of Vegas....


At the airport we met up with some of the probations people in a grill and bar, one of the guys comes back and says he just saw Keith Jardine...oh yeah! We ran over and got our picture taken with him. He was really nice but looked like he was really sore and tired.

We went back to the bar and grill and almost missed our plane...which would not have been good. I had to work the next morning. All in all we had a great time and learned a lot at the Street Survival Seminar and would go again.
0 comments:
Post a Comment