Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MOM...


If Roses Grow in Heaven
If roses grow in Heaven Lord
Please pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my Mother's arms
and tell her they're from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her,
and when she turns to smile,
Place a kiss upon her cheek
and hold her for a while.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it everyday,
But there is an ache within my heart
That will never go away.

Wow, I can't believe it has been 4 long years.
Sometimes it seems like yesterday and sometimes if feels like forever.
I feel like you have missed so much, but then I know you are always with us
it is just different.
I have so much to say, to share and to still ask you
it just isn't fair.
I know you are only a whisper away,
but sometimes it would be nice to just feel your arms around me,
no words, but just understanding
and to see that smile on your face.
I love you and miss you!!


3 comments:

Kayla said...

thanks for posting this! that was really sweet and from the heart. you made me cry this morning!! :) but good tears. Love you.

Grandma Peg said...

What beautiful words to your Mom. I'm sure she has her arms around you at all times and loves you each and every day.

Cathy Hanna said...

Hi Bird
Just checking in on you and as always your blog makes me cry, laugh and enlightens me! Have a great day!