Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I have been watching...

...too much HGTV. hahahahaha All kidding aside my family room was in desperate need of a make over. Pete left on Wednesday for the Police Olympics...he drove to Oregon with his friend, they played golf for two days in Oregon. On they went to Idaho and played golf for 3 days, they played the courses they were going to play in the Olympics. Monday through Wednesday they are playing in the Olympic tournement. So while Pete was gone I decided to redo the family room to surprise him when he gets home.

Before...I had to do some work on the walls and move everything. Wow what time does to your walls and you don't even realize it.
We moved the shelfs, books, DVD's and CD's into the living room.
It is amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years.
I went through alot of stuff and got rid of it...I do not want to move all this when we retire.
The first coat...wow, it is brighter that what I thought.
yeah, pretty yellow
I decided to add some left over dark brown paint I had left over from Matt's room to the second gallon for the second coat. It toned it down a little and I liked it alot better. I then painted the white border burgandy red...
finished room without the flash...
with the flash. Had alot of fun...but I am tired.
I hope Pete likes it???

0 comments: