I am so lucky and so blessed. I was able to be a stay at home mom and raise 3 wonderful children, whom I am so proud of. I now have the chance for a career that I never thought possible. I can't believe that I finally made it. Never in a million years if someone would have told me this is what I would be doing, I would never have believed it.
As I set in control at work I am flooded with so much emotion. I am excited, scared and a little nervous to think how much responsibility rides on my shoulders. My first concern is the safety of the officers and getting them where they need to go. I am having the time of my life, learning so much and being a little entertained.
My control area is totally closed off, no windows. I have two screens kinda like the one in the middle of this picture.
The little monitors on this picture...I have 28 to watch, plus areas I cannot see unless I switch the monitors which I have to do if an officer is bringing someone in or if someone does not have a key I have to open a certain door.
again the little monitors and the big screen, I have two with just a mouse to control, no keyboard.
My monitors are not quite as high and again my room in totally confined with no windows and one door that I have to open with the control.
Windows would be nice but I really love it.
I am looking forward to moving down to booking and learning all about that process.
I will be entering infomation when they bring an arrestee in, kinda like below
The Correctional Officers do fingerprinting and take the photos, I won't be doing that but I will be able to see the process
I will only be booking in one at a time.
Our booking area is also an enclosed room with glass around it
I love being a Correctional Technician and look forward to learning new things everyday and doing this for a long time. Hope I don't see any of my friends in there, but you can always call and we can go to lunch.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you are enjoying your job!! It sounds like you are learning lots!
I would get claustraphobia being in a room with no windows. How do you do it. Glad you like it. I am happy for you.
Post a Comment