Wow, Jen and Jeremy celebrated their 1st Anniversary today.
This is the announcment Pete and I sent out for their elopement...
As I look back a year I remember how I felt when Jen called to tell us they were engaged. I was so excited and thoughts of planning a wedding with her went through my head. All the things we had to plan and do. I felt a little overwelmed, stressed but so excited. I had always dreamed of this day.Then she let us know we were going to be grand-parents. Okay, I can handle that and we were so excited for them. I did feel bad for her with her morning sickness, as I could so relate.
Then...she let me know they were eloping. Wow, I could totally understand why. Trying to plan a wedding while she was in Mississippi, Jeremy was in Nebraska and us in California, etc. But...On the other hand I went through alot of emotions and felt so cheated. I always imagined myself being there when my daughter got married. I understood it was what they wanted and I respected that. It was hard and I was on a roller coaster of emotion. Thank goodness I have such a wonderful husband that helped me through all that. Jen was really good to send lots of pictures and let me know how wonderful it was...except for the morning sickness. I really was happy for them.
Pete and I finally met Jeremy and our precious little grand-daughter. We feel like Jen picked out the perfect partner for her and they are happy. That is what is important. We love them and hope all their dreams come true!!
New parents, tired but in love


4 comments:
I love Layla
awww....I have the elopement announcement right on my fridge! Congrats to Jenna and Jer!
Well, you can plan the re-vows with me =) I'm planning on doing it for our 5th year anniversary if I'm skinny by then.
you will be skinny then, we are going to kick each others butts in a little over a week.
Post a Comment