Tuesday, September 9, 2008

State Fair

We haven't been to the State Fair in years, so for labor day we headed on down there. Wendi went with us and poor Matt had to work. He made time an a half so he wasn't complaining too bad. When we got there we walked around, shopped and had lunch. Pete went off to the horse races. Wendi and I went to a CSI exhibit where they actually had a crime happen and they came in and solved it. It was pretty interesting.

Wendi and I went on the the Hollywood exhibit. They had some stuff from some Hollywood movies. This one was from Indiana Jones.
The car from Back to the Future
Who can forget Herbie the Love Bug.
Wendi checking out an Emmy, I think it's an Emmy.
We had to walk by the Pirates, I love pirates.
Wendi standing by Captain Hook.

We headed toward the horse races to meet up with Pete. Of course we had to stop and have a funnel cake (Cindy I need the recipe for those). As we headed to the race track we ran into these old cars.

This one was used in the Army in 1945
We finally made it to the race track and Pete was having a good day.
There was a fire across I-80, which blocked traffic after the fair. My husband being the smart man that he is found a short cut and we did not have to sit in traffic. When we finally made it back to I-80 there was no traffic because they were still backed up from the fire. Smart man I married. ; )
Pete reading his "Bible" The horse racing form.
Still studying
His horse came in, yeah!!!! Just enjoying a lazy day at the track. I am glad Pete enjoyed himself, he has been working so much. It was weird because I felt like his dad was with us all day. Max loved the horses. We miss you Max.

1 comments:

Trish said...

Hey Robbin, I'm catching up on my google reader... so I'm late in seeing this, but I have a recipe for funnel cake! I'll send it to you when I get home and find it and then when the internet gets turned back on... we have power but no internet... anyway, we'll be heading home tomorrow.

Your family has so much fun! You guys are awesome.