Friday, June 13, 2008

My how time flies...

Pete and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. It feels like just yesterday we were getting married and starting our journey together. It was the best decision I ever made marrying my best friend and we have had quite an adventure. Three kids later and and now we are grandparents. We have been so blessed.
We took a little trip together. We went to Reno, Virginia City and Lake Tahoe. Here I am gambling at a little casino in Virginia City.
Here is Pete gambling, he always has better luck than me, maybe that is why he was able to gamble his way through college.

The Bucket of Blood Saloon is always a favorite spot for us. We don't drink but the name just sounds cool. It is always fun to go inside and check out the old building, pictures and history of the place. Walking down the old plank sidewalks and checking out the shops is fun too. The history of this old town is just amazing.
Here is Pete in front of the old 4th ward school. Apparently this place is pretty haunted. yeah!!
Pete and I at our hotel. The Ramada Inn the same one Ghost Hunters stayed at while they were filming one of the shows they did from Virginia City. There is a signed picture of them on the table next to us. The hostess told us alot of ghost stories and one room there at the hotel that is supposedly haunted. We are asking for that room the next time we go. Room 227.
Our walk through the old cemetary in Virginia City. Pete liked the old tree in the back ground.
I liked the Angel in the background here. There is a story about it but I will have to look it up. What I didn't realize was there was a fat lizard right behind me on the cement border. YIKES, the lizards there are black and fat, yuck!!
Beautiful Lake Tahoe coming over Mt Rose Highway. What a beautful view.
We had lunch at a great little resturant in North Lake Tahoe. Beautiful view of the Lake, the weather was nice and the company was even better. To my best friend, partner and lover. I love you more everyday and am so blessed to be your wife. Looking foward to many more years and many more great memories.

3 comments:

Delaney the Undead said...

Happy Anniversary! Its really encouraging tto see a married couple this day and age who have been with each other for so long and are still going strong!

(ps...Another really fun haunted place to stay is the queen mary. if youre ever in so cal, i suggest taking the ghost tour there!)

the mrazek family said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip! I love the sounds of a casino. Happy anniversary!

Lehigrams said...

Cute blog, I remember the night you called me to tell me you were engaged. It seems like yesterday, You make me feel old, but again, I guess I am!?1