Monday, February 16, 2009

It is official...

Costco has let me go...
I talked with my manager and asst. manager about pushing carts.
I got emotional and cryed. (I just hate when I get mad or upset and the tears come)
Anyway, I told them that the carts were too much and I could not push them for 8 hours.
My mind thinks I can do it and my body says NOT!
They asked if I could do it for 4 hours and I said yes.
Well, they talked to the other managers and they all felt like if I couldn't do the complete job they would have to let me go.
I understand where they are coming from but I also know I worked my butt off when I did push carts and with everything else I did on the front end and closing.
They told me my last day would be Sunday, which was yesterday, and I would be pushing carts.
I told them Saturday would be my last day, as I was not going to push carts, which was the reason I was leaving.
Saturday was my last day!!!
It was kind of bittersweet. I met some great people there and I will miss them but I hope we can still be friends!
You know who you are!!!
On a sidenote, and I am not being bitter, there are just some people there that are a waste of payroll.
I will always love my Costco peeps, and some of the managers and sups were great too.
A BIG THANKS to all of you for being so kind and being my friend even though I am old, hahaha.
I am working on getting a job at the jail, so hopefully that is getting closer to being a reality.
Enough said!!!
*Robbin at Costco November 14, 2008-February 14, 2009

1 comments:

Lehigrams said...

Don't feel bad, you did good. I am glad you know your limits. And I am so proud of you for saying No, Saturday is my last day. Serves them right, they knew it was hard for you.