Thursday, April 16, 2009

MY FIRST NIGHT AT WORK

I am training for 3 weeks in a place like this. Although where I set is a closed room with two screens and about 20 moniters. I would be by myself but I am training so the training officer is with me. I am learning to control all the doors inside the jail, there are alot of doors.
I see alot of this

My training officer takes me for a tour everynight and I get to see something like this and alot of hallways with numbered doors. Kind of like a big labyrinth.
Here are a couple of floor plans, which is what I would see on the moniter. None of the rooms are marked just the doors and they are numbered. So I am learning door numbers, trying to understand where the officers are going, running elevators (3), etc.

I am having the time of my life. I am so excited to learn everything and I am trying not to be overwhelmed. I know it will come with time. Again I have to use the lesson of patience because I want to know it ALL now. hahaha.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you like it so far!! Go Robbin!!

Kayla said...

Wow, it looks like you are learning alot! I would find it hard to be watching all those millions of screens, I would probably fall asleep! haha
I bet you will do wonderfully at your new job!