I had a great childhood, we didn't have much but mom always tried to give us what she could. These are a few of the toys that bring back some great memories.
I loved playing with my spirograph, it also makes me think of these great cookies my grandma Starich used to make. They were thin and had honey and nuts on them. I remember eating them while playing with my spirograph.
I loved paperdolls and used to draw house plans on poster board or the back of my black board so the paperdolls would have a house. Also if we could not afford paperdolls I would cut little families out of the Sears catalog.
Klackers...my total favorite and if I could find some now I would buy them. Mine were a dark red color and I was actually pretty good at them.
Jacks...loved, loved, loved them. I was even champion at a tournament we played in young womens.
Man did I think I was cool because I had one of these. My very own bubble gum machine bank and I got to keep all the money too. Trust me, I did not get rich by selling bubble gum.
Skip-it. Yeah they tried to copy these and they are just not as good as the original like below. I used to skip-it out on the road in front of the house.
Etch-A-Sketch was a lot of fun and I remember my brother drew some great stuff on it. I only wished I could do that well, but it was fun to play with.
Dawn dolls. My cousin Klover had these and we used to play with them for hours. There was Dawn, Angi, Gloria, Dale, Longlocks and Jessica plus the boys. We had a lot of fun with them.
Barrel of Monkeys...just a fun game along with pick up sticks.
Silly Putty. Always fun and entertaining. I used to put it on newspaper and it would copy the words. My kids have loved to play with this as well. It has been around for a long time.
The Magic Window...always fun to see what kind of picture you could make with the sand. A quiet toy but entertaining.
Superelasticbubbleplastic...this was on TV and they finally sold it in stores and of course I had to have some. Once you blew the bubble and played with it for a little while there wasn't really much more to do with it. It was fun while it lasted.
Barbies...I was a Barbie freak. In fact I still have my Barbies and accessories in the attic. My girls used to play with them when they were little along with their own Barbies. I loved Barbies and all the clothes and shoes, etc.
I actually had this Barbie Camper. I also had the boat, the tent, the horse. I used to play with them in my front yard. I would send the boat down the ditch in the front yard and catch it at the other end of the yard. I could play for hours out there in my own little world.
Velvet Doll. Her hair would grow out the crown of her head if you wanted her to have long hair then you could wind it back in if you wanted her to have short hair. This doll and my Bouncy Baby Doll were my favorites. I found a Bouncy Baby on E-bay a few years ago and ordered it. I still have it.
I had a case just like this. I had all my 8 track tapes in it and used to keep it in my car and then carry it in the house. Wow, that was a long time ago.
This was the same kind of 8 track tape player I got for Christmas. I thought I was so cool. It is funny now to see how far we have come. I remember playing some record albums for my kids when they were little and Matt looking up at me and saying "wow mom, you used to have big CD's". I laughed so hard and then realized how that aged me. Hahahhahahaha. And yes I still have my record player and records.
0 comments:
Post a Comment