While visiting Jen and Layla, I really wanted to go to Mormon Trail / Winter Quarters.
So off we went for an adventure and what an adventure it was.
Here is a statue of a family with their handcart right in front of the museum
Jen and Layla in the parking lot of the museum
Yeah, Layla got a little bored so she just started chewing on her toys
After the museum we went over to the cemetery
It was really nice with lots of flowers and statues
Another great statue with a couple trying to stay warm in the winter snow
We found a relative, William Fauset, We know a William Fauset left Nauvoo and traveled through this area. We are checking to see if this was one of his sons, he died when he was 3 years old around November 15, 1846
Jen checking out all the names of the pioneers who died and were buried hereIt is really weird to look at this and see your family name on it
The Angel Moroni through the trees
Layla with gma at the gardens behind the museum
The beautiful doors at the Omaha Temple
The Omaha Temple, beautiful, but very small
After leaving the temple and heading for the freeway, Jen noticed a little book and gift shop. I said pull over, you know how your mom likes to shop. (hahaha) This was the side of the store with some great murals
We walk in the book store and who do we see setting in a chair and helping with the inventory...Elder Perry. Elder Perry is the son of one of my best friends and he is on his mission in Omaha, Nebraska.
Wow, what a wonderful surprise. I just wanted to give him a big mommy hug. He remembered me, stood up and shook my hand. We had a great visit. Layla did not know what to think of him.
We took lots of pictures and I even called his mom, and told her who I was talking to. She couldn't believe it, they hollored that they loved each other.
I texted this picture to his mom and emailed the rest later. We couldn't have planned this, what a wonderful surprise. I have been friends with Linda since I was pregnant with Matt and she was pregnant with Brianne. We used to take our kids to Chuck E Cheese all the time and they played for hours. Jen and Matt used to play together when they were little. We had Matt come stay the night with us when he was little when Linda had to go out of town. Pete was going to take him back to Napa the next day. When we went to put Matt in the police car to go, he started crying, he thought he was going to jail. I also remember when Linda and I first met, I had to call her house and Matt answered, he asked who I was, I told him Robbin, he started screaming and was so excited and told his mom that Bat Man's Robin was on the phone. We love you Elder Perry!!!
After visiting and making our purchase we said goodbye and told Elder Perry we would see him soon and would be at his welcome home.
The Angel Moroni through the trees
Layla with gma at the gardens behind the museum
The beautiful doors at the Omaha Temple
The Omaha Temple, beautiful, but very small
After leaving the temple and heading for the freeway, Jen noticed a little book and gift shop. I said pull over, you know how your mom likes to shop. (hahaha) This was the side of the store with some great murals
We walk in the book store and who do we see setting in a chair and helping with the inventory...Elder Perry. Elder Perry is the son of one of my best friends and he is on his mission in Omaha, Nebraska.
Wow, what a wonderful surprise. I just wanted to give him a big mommy hug. He remembered me, stood up and shook my hand. We had a great visit. Layla did not know what to think of him.
We took lots of pictures and I even called his mom, and told her who I was talking to. She couldn't believe it, they hollored that they loved each other.
I texted this picture to his mom and emailed the rest later. We couldn't have planned this, what a wonderful surprise. I have been friends with Linda since I was pregnant with Matt and she was pregnant with Brianne. We used to take our kids to Chuck E Cheese all the time and they played for hours. Jen and Matt used to play together when they were little. We had Matt come stay the night with us when he was little when Linda had to go out of town. Pete was going to take him back to Napa the next day. When we went to put Matt in the police car to go, he started crying, he thought he was going to jail. I also remember when Linda and I first met, I had to call her house and Matt answered, he asked who I was, I told him Robbin, he started screaming and was so excited and told his mom that Bat Man's Robin was on the phone. We love you Elder Perry!!!
After visiting and making our purchase we said goodbye and told Elder Perry we would see him soon and would be at his welcome home.
1 comments:
Looks like you had a really nice trip. What fun places to visit. and how neat that you ran into someone you know. I'll bet his Mom was so excited for you to see him. It is always fun to report to a Mom that her boy is okay.
Post a Comment